Based: Raby Castle – The Rising Site Office
Reports to: Construction Manager
Hours: Full-time, Permanent 40 hours per week
Salary: £32,000 – £35,000 per annum depending upon experience
Closing Date: 1st July 2022
Job Ref: VA64-2022
The Raby Estate is about to embark upon the largest single project for generations. Known as The Rising, the project will involve the restoration and repurposing of heritage buildings at Raby Castle, a new visitor carpark, play area, café and visitor centre as well as redesign of the historic walled garden. We seeking to recruit an Assistant Construction Site Manager to support the Construction Manager in delivering these works at Raby Castle.
What you’ll be doing
In this key position you will assist the Construction Manager in the day to day running of the construction works. The role will encompass assisting in the management, supervision and co-ordination of all contractors, subcontractors and direct trades.
You will provide support to the Project Team in delivering The Rising Project on time and to the highest standards through the effective management of direct and subcontracted labour to ensure the quality and expectations of Lord and Lady Barnard are achieved.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure health, safety and environmental procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Carry out site inductions, tool box talks and issue permits to work.
- Ensure key actions and priorities are completed as directed by the Construction Manager, utilising the processes and procedures set out at all times.
- Liaising with subcontract supervisors and overseeing direct staff to effectively maintain site security at all times.
- Assisting the Construction Manager in co-ordinating and supervising the work of all site operatives.
- Responsible for co-ordinating and managing Traffic Marshalls/Banks Persons in directing a high volume of site/estate traffic including deliveries, visitors and site staff.
You will also work in collaboration with Jennings Safety Services, the Estate’s appointed Health and Safety Supervisor to ensure safe working practices and environment.
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be required to carry out any other reasonable tasks when required by the Project Team.
What we need to see
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record working within the management team of projects of a similar nature and significance, with excellent construction knowledge, preferably with experience in historic properties. We also expect that you will have a practical construction background and will be comfortable in both an operational and office environment.
We need you to be able to achieve key targets and milestones, to motivate those around you and to ensure production of a high-quality product. IT proficiency is an important requirement.
You need to have a flexible approach to duties, work well within a team and independently, be organised and an effective communicator. We’re looking for someone who can show honesty, integrity, enthusiasm and capacity for hard work and attention to detail with a cheerful approach and ‘can do’ problem solving attitude.
- Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- Site Management Experience
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS)
- Prefabricated Access Suppliers and Manufacturers Association (PASMA)
- International Powered Access Federation (IPAF)
- Asbestos Awareness
- First Aid at Work (FAW)
- Full Driving Licence
- SMSTS preferred
What we’ve got to offer
This role offers a great opportunity to join us at an important stage in our expansion. We offer a group pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, and numerous staff benefits such as discounts at all retail outlets and free access to Raby Estates visitor attractions.
How to apply
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Raby are seeking to recruit an Assistant Construction Site Manager to support the Construction Manager in delivering these works at Raby Castle. In this key position, you will assist the Construction Manager in the day to day running of the construction works. The role will encompass assisting in the management, supervision and co-ordination of all contractors, subcontractors and direct trades.