Job Title: Sous Chef
Reports to: General Manager HFH
Department/Function: Leisure and Tourism
Location: High Force Hotel and Waterfall
Hours: Flexible to meet demands of business, to include weekends, bank holidays and school holidays
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Job Ref: VA126-2023
Purpose of Job
High Force Hotel & Waterfall is situated in the North Pennines AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) and the waterfall attracts tens of thousands of visitors each year, being one of the most natural iconic visitor attractions in the North of England. The hotel has 11 bedrooms all designed and finished to a high standard and retaining many of the original features of this beautiful country inn. It is a very popular destination for short breaks, good food and magnificent scenery.
The High Force hotel is popular with discerning guests who enjoy a dinner menu bursting with local produce and a beautifully cooked breakfast, before setting off to explore the area. The hotel also enjoys exceptionally busy lunchtime business and operates a separate takeaway kiosk serving lunches, hot drinks and ice cream. The kitchen team must be multi-skilled and capable of dealing with high volume, without compromising quality.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of food and ensure it is cooked to the highest standard as set out on our menus.
- To deliver outstanding customer service, which provides for an unforgettable visitor experience, creating loyal, return visitors to Raby Estates.
- Adhere strictly to food safety management procedures.
- Liaising with food & beverage and retail staff, as well as other managers and employees.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible approach to duties undertaken.
- Ability to work within a team or on own initiative as required.
- Enthusiasm and capacity for hard work.
- Attention to detail.
- Carry out general cleaning duties in all relevant catering areas.
- Assist the Head Chef to establish customer requirements.
- Very good understanding and knowledge of Food Standards Agency legislation and best practice guidance and to record statutory food safety records evidencing required food hygiene control measures.
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be required to carry out any other reasonable tasks arising from time to time.
Food Hygiene Level 2 and some previous experience would be an advantage.
What we have to offer
Its people that make a place, without people, a place is simply an empty shell. At Raby this is certainly true, it’s our people that make Raby special.
We strive to offer our employees an excellent working environment and the tools to perform, enabling them to achieve their goals and be the best they can be.
As well as some of the most iconic locations to work we offer:
- Attractive Salary
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of statutory holidays)
- Group Pension Scheme (7.7% employer contribution)
- Group Life Insurance
- Free Car Parking
- Employee Health Cash Plan
- Continuous improvement through staff training and staff development programmes
- Discounts at our retail and food outlets
- Discounts to our Shropshire holiday cottage and High Force Hotel
- Free access into our leisure attractions at Raby Castle and High Force
- Behind the scenes tour of Raby Castle
- Raby Estate social events throughout the year
How to apply
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, please apply below: