Based: Raby Estates Office, County Durham
Department: Financial Services
Employment Basis: Full Time, Six Month Contract
Salary: Competitive depending on experience + excellent benefits package
We are on the lookout for a passionate, experienced Finance Clerk to join Raby Estates. This is an exciting and challenging hands-on role for a “sleeves rolled up” candidate.
There has never been a better time to join Raby Estates as our business grows. The Estate comprises substantial landholdings and trading operations in Co Durham and Shropshire that are owned by Lord Barnard.
Raby Castle near Staindrop has been the home of the Vane family for generations and is open to visitors. Lord and Lady Barnard seek to develop the Castle and grounds so that it becomes one of the foremost visitor attractions in the North.
Agriculture is also an important source of income for the Estate. As well as the Estate’s own Farm’s in Durham and Shropshire, there are many tenanted farms and a large number of houses and cottages in villages around Teesdale, many are whitewashed farmsteads and houses where families have been tenants for several generations.
Raby Estate business operations include in-house farms, let farms and residential property, visitor attractions and sporting enterprises across 3 Estates in Co Durham and Shropshire.
What you’ll be doing:
The Estate is undergoing a period of change in processes, size and scope of works. The Finance Clerk is an exciting role and specific tasks undertaken within this role will include but not limited to:
- Processing of purchase orders and invoices
- Managing purchase ledger inbox accounts
- Liaising with a multitude of business stakeholders
- Processing of prepayments and accruals as required
- Processing of timesheets
- Processing of intercompany invoices
- Reconciliation of transactions to banks and balance sheet accounts as required
- Other reconciliations such as fixed asset management
- Support in system housekeeping
- Adhoc projects
- Holiday cover and any other tasks as required and may involve to site locations
What we’ve got to offer:
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- A motivating, encouraging environment to work
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions of 7.7%
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Free access into our leisure attractions at Raby Castle and High Force
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided by Westfield Health
- Group Life Assurance
What we’re looking for:
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of management accounts with a minimum AAT Level 3 or qualified by experience and have previous experience of multiple accounting systems.
It is essential that the candidate is proficient in MS Excel including pivot tables, vlookups and queries.
Other qualities we are on the lookout for include: –
- Excellent communication skills
- Lead by example
- Confident and proactive
- Able to cope under pressure
- Ability to think on your feet, using own initiative
- Flexible approach to support the needs of the business
If you have a question about the role, or would like to find out more please email email@example.com