Based: High Force Hotel & Waterfall
Employment Basis: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000 dependant on experience + Excellent benefits package
Are you a friendly, welcoming person? Ready for a new challenge and looking for a role which brings the best out of you? If this is you, then you could make a fantastic Food and Beverage Duty Manager at our unique High Force Hotel and Waterfall.
We are on the lookout for a passionate, energetic Food and Beverage Duty Manager to join our amazing team. Working within the High Force Hotel & Waterfall set in the beautiful surroundings of Upper Teesdale, you will be part of a committed and hardw0orking team to ensure our visitors and guests enjoy a fantastic experience.
There has never been a better time to join Raby Estates as we continue to develop our hotel offering. Attracting tens of thousands of visitors each year, the hotel is an evolving addition to the Raby portfolio with weddings and events becoming an integral element of the business. This newly created role is to support our existing team and to ensure our customer experience remains at the highest of standards.
What you’ll be doing.
As Food and Beverage Duty Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operational functions whilst on shift.
You will be mainly based within the hotel, coordinating, and managing the team on duty effectively, ensuring that time is being used efficiently and that all team members are adhering to the high standards which are in place, you will also ensure everyone is always following safe working practices.
High Force Hotel is a busy environment where our guests and visitors can enjoy consistent excellent service in a warm and relaxing environment which you will help to create and maintain. As part of the role, you will need to be able to undertake sleep in manager duties when required, this is expected to be around one per week on average but may be in blocks if the business needs require. The sleep-in manager will be on standby and will respond to any emergency situation that may occur during the night, although rarely disturbed you will need to be able to respond quickly and professionally should this be required.
Specific tasks undertaken within this role will include but not limited to:
- To assist with leading and creating a team environment that promotes good morale ensuring a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel, visitor attraction and wider estate.
- Support others in achieving a shared objective of delivering excellent customer service and financial targets.
- Managing daily rotas in line with business demands and forecasted and actual business levels.
- To participate and assist with monitoring and controlling of stock.
- To proactively provide suggestions on new promotional opportunities.
- To be an active contributor to the core team and assist with keeping all team members sales focused and maintain and encourage an upselling culture throughout the business.
- To provide good leadership to junior and casual members of the team.
- To assist with the operational demands in all areas of the business and to undertake any other projects or tasks to grow and improve the business.
- To support other areas of the wider Raby Estate if required with the same degree of commitment.
What we’ve got to offer.
- A motivating, encouraging environment to work, based out of our unique High Force Hotel
- 33 days holiday per year.
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions of 7.7%
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities to enable progression.
- Free access into our leisure attractions at Raby Castle and High Force.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided by Westfield Health.
- Group Life Assurance
- Uniform provided.
What we’re looking for.
Ideally the successful candidate will have previous experience of working in a quality food and beverage operation, preferably at a supervisory level or above.
You must be able to demonstrate exceptional service and a commitment to the industry. We are looking for someone who has the desire to grow and develop within the Food and Beverage Duty Manager role and beyond.
Other qualities we are on the lookout for include: –
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Good command of English
- Standards driven
- Lead by example
- Excellent personal presentation
- Confident and proactive
- Able to cope under pressure
- Ability to think on your feet using your own initiative
- A consistent approach to hospitality
- Flexible approach to support the needs of the business
How to apply
Raby Estates have major development plans across the whole estate in the coming years so it’s a really exciting time to come and work with us. If you would like to be to be part of our journey and you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, we’d love to hear from you.
If you have a question about the role, or would like to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org