Location: Raby Castle Cafe
Department: Leisure and Tourism
Employment Basis: Casual – flexible shifts available
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Raby Estate is seeking an enthusiastic General Catering Assistant to work within the iconic Raby Castle at the Yurt Café and kiosks. There is also a very busy events schedule throughout the year, especially during weekends and holiday, so having the ability to work during these times would be a strong advantage.
We are now looking for new team members to support us during these busy periods. If you are flexible and would like to join our team of passionate individuals, then we would love to hear from you.
Applicants should have a friendly and outgoing personality as you are the first point of contact with our customers offering exceptional food and beverage.
This role requires weekend and Bank Holiday working, daytime hours. There will be some early evening hours during peak season.
What you’ll be doing
This is a hands-on role where you will be expected to work independently and as part of a team, the role is varied and includes making coffee, general cleaning and sanitising, serving our guests and visitors selling tickets and ice creams and all other aspects of the business.
This is a great opportunity to join our progressive and fast-paced business where you can learn new skills and become an integral part of our fun and exciting business.
Full details about the role are available in the Job Description.
What we need to see
The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional customer service ensuring that visitors receive a positive first impression and a friendly welcome.
We are looking for someone who has a desire to grow and develop within our diverse growing business.
Other qualities we are on the lookout for include:
- Previous experience of cash handling and use of an EPOS system or similar, preferred but not essential.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays is essential.
- An outgoing, helpful, and friendly personality.
- Confident in engaging with members of the public.
- Enthusiasm and capacity for hard work.
- Flexible attitude with willingness to undertake any task required.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Honesty and a high level of integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Systematic and cheerful approach with a ‘can do’ problem-solving attitude.
- Willing to undertake appropriate training.
Overview of Raby Estates
Raby Castle near Staindrop has been the home of the Vane family for generations and is open to visitors. Lord and Lady Barnard seek to develop the Castle and grounds so that it becomes one of the foremost visitor attractions in the North.
The Raby Estate comprises substantial landholdings and trading operations include in-house farms, let farms and residential property, along with sporting enterprises across Estates in Co Durham and Shropshire. We also have visitor attractions at Raby Castle, High Force Hotel and Waterfall in Upper Teesdale and The Wrekin in Shropshire.
As well as the Estate’s own Home Farm in Raby Park, there are many tenanted farms and a large number of houses and cottages in villages around Teesdale, many are whitewashed farmsteads and houses where families have been tenants for several generations.
What we’ve got to offer
It’s people that make a place, without people, a place is simply an empty shell. At Raby this is certainly true, it’s our people that make Raby special.
We strive to offer our employees an excellent working environment and the tools to perform, enabling them to achieve their goals and be the best they can be.
As well as some of the most iconic locations to work we offer:
- Attractive Salary – above NMW
- Free car parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Continuous improvement through staff training and staff development programmes
- Discounts at our retail and food outlets
- Discounts to our Shropshire holiday cottage and High Force Hotel
- Free access into our leisure attractions at Raby Castle and High Force
- Private, behind the scenes tour of Raby Castle
- Raby Estate social events throughout the year
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our journey and feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Raby Estates are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application.