|Department||Leisure and Tourism|
|Employment Basis||Full-time, Permanent|
|Salary||£30-£35K (depending on experience)|
|Closing Date||21st May 2021|
|Interview Date||Late May|
About the role
The Raby Estate comprises landholdings and trading operations in Co Durham and Shropshire that are owned by Lord Barnard. Raby Estate business operations include in-house farms, let farms and residential property, visitor attractions and sporting enterprises across three Estates.
Raby plays a major role in supporting local communities through job creation, investment and conservation of the built and natural environment.
Raby has a busy Leisure and Tourism department which operates the two successful visitor attractions of Raby Castle and High Force Waterfall along with the associated hospitality offer.
There is a very busy events schedule throughout the year with a huge focus on the Christmas period.
There is an exciting and ambitious strategy to develop Leisure and Tourism interests at Raby which includes:
- The development of a leading visitor destination at Raby Castle, Park and Gardens including a new bespoke play area, redevelopment of the walled garden and the repurposing of historic buildings to the north to create a mixed-use leisure and commercial site
- The re-development of the visitor attraction and hotel buildings at High Force Waterfall in Upper Teesdale
- Development of Leisure and Tourism interests on and around the Wrekin hill in Shropshire
Naturally, to support these aims, Raby seeks to increase its reach, engaging with both new and old leisure markets, to promote the fantastic experiences available within the estate. A strong communication strategy is central to these plans, supported by sound, stretching commercial targets. Permission for the development of the visitor attraction at Raby Castle was granted in December 2020 and signifies the first step on this exciting journey.
We are now seeking a highly accomplished individual with the skills and passion required to drive forwards this pivotal role within the organisation.
What we need to see
The right applicant will have superb skills and experience in a similar role with a minimum of 2 years working at management level. With effective communication and organisational skills, a high level of integrity, enthusiasm, creativity, and an ability to objectively review opportunities and ideas. A systematic and cheerful approach with a ‘can do’ attitude, passionate, inspirational, and dedicated – this is an incredibly demanding and fast paced role, where it is essential to inspire others and take them with you.
What we’ve got to offer
It’s people that make a place, without people, a place is simply an empty shell. At Raby this is certainly true, it’s our people that make Raby special.
We strive to offer our employees an excellent working environment and the tools to perform, enabling them to achieve their goals and be the best they can be.
As well as some of the most iconic locations to work we offer:
- Attractive Salary
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of statutory holidays)
- Group Pension Scheme, combined 12.5%
- Group Life Insurance
- Free car parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Continuous improvement through staff training and development programmes
- Discounts at our retail and food outlets
- Discounts to our holiday cottage and High Force Hotel
- Free access into our leisure attractions at Raby Castle and High Force
- Private, behind the scenes tour of Raby Castle
- Raby Estate social events throughout the year
How to apply
Raby Estates have major development plans across the whole estate in the coming years so it’s a really exciting time to come and work with us. If you would like to be to be part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you. If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, we’d love to hear from you.