Based: Raby Estates, Co. Durham
Employment Basis: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive DOE + excellent benefits package
Are you a time serviced tradesperson, with good construction knowledge and an interest and experience in working on historic properties? Ready for a new challenge? If this is you, then you could join our Buildings team working across Raby Estates on interesting and traditional properties.
There has never been a better time to join Raby Estates as we are embarking upon a major property refurbishment programme and are now recruiting time served tradespeople and skilled labourers to undertake the refurbishment and maintenance of our properties.
We are looking for a tradesperson with specific Joinery skills:
- To undertake first and second fix joinery work to a high standard as required on the traditional Estate properties including farms and cottages, working as part of the existing direct labour team on maintenance, repair and refurbishment work.
- These duties include site joinery, installation of windows and doors, kitchen installations, skirting and architrave fitting, roofing works etc.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as may be delegated from time to time.
- To work with and support the other trades across the estate as required, in order to assist the maintenance and refurbishment of traditional estate properties.
What we’re looking for:
Ideally, the successful candidate will have good construction knowledge, preferably with an interest and experience in working on historic or traditional properties.
We’re also looking for time served tradespeople to a minimum of NVQ level 2-3.
Other qualities we are on the lookout for include: –
- Lead by example – Have a high respect for Health and Safety on Construction Sites.
- Flexible approach to duties undertaken.
- Ability to work within a team or on own initiative as required.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Honesty and a high level of integrity.
- Enthusiasm and capacity for hard work.
- Attention to detail.
- Systematic and cheerful approach with a ‘can do’ problem-solving attitude.
What we’ve got to offer:
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- A motivating, encouraging environment to work, across the whole Raby Estate.
- 33 days holiday per year.
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions of 7.7%.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities to enable progression.
- Free access into our leisure attractions at Raby Castle and High Force.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Group Life Assurance.
How to apply
Raby Estates have major development plans across the whole estate in the coming years so it’s a really exciting time to come and work with us. If you would like to be to be part of our journey and you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, we’d love to hear from you.
If you have a question about the role, or would like to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org