The Raby Estate offers a wide range of properties for people to live in and work from. We are committed to a long-term regeneration plan to ensure our properties offer the correct standards of comfort and compliance for our tenants to make homes in.
How to rent from us
Please note that we do not hold a waiting list and if you are interested in our properties below please start by contacting the Estate Office on 01952 740 223 or email@example.com
Application and admin fees are applicable, you will be notified at the time of viewing a property of these costs. Every effort is made to keep the costs as low as possible.
Please contact the estate office on 01952 740 223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the following; nature of problem (ideally a photo or two), idea of urgency, convenient time for us to call you or come and inspect, your name and property also if you are happy for us to pass you contact detail to our trusted and inducted contractors who will help fix the problem.
An emergency is something which will have affect to a tenant or third parties health, safety or security. Examples of an emergency include:
- Complete failure of central heating and hot water, before calling please ensure there is oil in the tank and the boiler is turned on also that a fault is not being caused by local network gas or power outages.
- Complete loss of water supply, before calling please check that if your water is provided from a utility company that they have not shut the water off. The water company in this area is Severn Trent Water.
- A large water leak which can not be contained for 24 hours.
- A Gas leak, this is likely to be from a private supply on the Shropshire estate. Please call the emergency number below.
- Loss of power, please check that all the switches in the fuse board or set to the on position and that Western Power has not shut the local grid power network down before calling.
- Emergency out of hours (outside 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday) you should contact Tom Birtles, Land Agent Raby Shropshire on 07805 788 268
Paying your rent
This should be paid in full and on time in accordance with your tenancy agreement. Payment methods accepted are:
Standing order: Our preferred payment method and please contact the estate office for details if you don’t already have one set up. This is the most efficient and convenient method to pay your rent.
Debit and credit card: Payments can be made at the estate office or over the phone, please call 01952 740 223.
Bank transfer and cheque: Please contact the estate office for further details
Cash: We only accept if paid in person at the Estate Office and amounts only up to a £1000.
Rent arrears are treated seriously by the landlord. If you know that you are going to have difficulty in paying your rent or have received a letter from us regarding rent arrears please contact the estate office on 01952 740 223.